Sunday, November 8, 2009

Winter Approaches


Well Sanheim has passed and we're on our way to Yule/Christmas. I confess I haven't been feeling very spiritual lately. It seems as though the material world is getting in the way.

It's all about trying to put food on the table and pay the bills. I hate that. That's not the me I wish to be. I want to be able to concentrate on ritual and friends and loved ones and crafts and all the things I enjoy.

Instead I find myself worrying about whether the power will be shut off this month and how much I will have to lie to the finance company to get them to leave me alone for a few more weeks.

Walking is extremely difficult these days with my bad knee. The doctor is talking about surgery, but frankly I just can't take the time off work.

I started taking Slimfast hoping that I might be able to lose a few pounds and help my knees. We'll see if it works.

The first of the winter snows have appeared. I don't look forward to this time of year. It can be beautiful with the snow and ice on the trees, but I'm a warm weather girl. When the earth no longer is warmed by the sun I just want to hibernate until it does again. I don't like the darkness and the cold.

Today I promise myself that I will try to do things for me...honor the God and Goddess...make a craft...grind some herbs...something that might make me feel more alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment