Saturday, January 9, 2010

Bosses...Bleh



Well what a week this has been. I am pretty good at my job. It's one of the things I pride myself on. But lately the job I love, has become the job I hate. I have a new boss and we just don't seem to click. I'm trying not to be too sensitive about it...but it's not working.

It's a new job compared to what I was doing, so there were new things to learn and new responsibilities and frankly I think I've handled it all quite well. The training was sketchy at best; but I've caught on.

Well for whatever reason this woman seems to be very critical about everything I do. I know I don't bow down to her the way some of them do but I've always tried to be respectful and if I ask questions, it isn't to tick her off, but I'm not taking the fall for something if I believe she's wrong. Anyway...Friday I lost it and ended up crying to the male boss I had before.

He's wonderful and was very supportive. I have no designs on him or anything, he's just a terrific boss.

But I don't know what I'm going to do about this woman. I understand some of the criticism but would it kill her to throw me a bone now and then too.

Of course to top it all off, I can't even quit. I need this job too much. Guess I could look for another one but what's the chance that it would pay as well....I just don't know what to do. Any ideas how to better get along with this woman?

No comments:

Post a Comment