Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Fairytales


Well what castle would be complete without a fairytale?! Isn't it funny how women all grow up thinking they need a prince to come rescue them and men all grow up thinking they need to know how to slay a dragon.

That's not the truth at all. I don't need a prince to rescue me or a father to protect me...I simply need a man to love me. To be by my side...to take turns rescuing each other...being there for each other. I used to think I needed rescuing but that was before I realized no one was coming...before I realized that I needed to be my own rescuer.

I know how to slay the dragons...I've had 43 years to figure it out...but I don't like riding in the coach alone.

My husband is the love of my life and there are times he does rescue me emotionally and times he does protect me...but there are times that I do that for him as well. It seems to work out well.

So it may be fun to be a "fairy princess" but princesses grow up to be the Queen and the Queen is very able to run the castle or at least c0-reign. And I would rather have my daughter learn to be a Queen than a fairy princess anyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment