Friday, October 9, 2009

Holidays


Ok this is a definite rant. I'm tired of well meaning Christians telling me how grateful I should be this time of year and how thankful they are with what they have.

Well you know what; I'm not thankful...I'm resentful. Resentful that society tells us we have to have these "grand" meals to show we're thankful we're alive and have great friends and family. Well of course I'm thankful about that. But I also make 22,000 a year and I'm supporting a family on that and have creditors calling me every day. I'll be THANKFUL if they don't call and embarrass me on Thanksgiving this year.

I want to be a good hostess and I want to enjoy the day the way I used to; but when I know I am feeding people who can feed themselves better than I can....just makes me resentful. So if I'm going to hell for not being thankful enough, so be it. Maybe if god's listening he could throw me a little cash to be thankful about.

No comments:

Post a Comment